Saturday, March 5, 2011

Enhancing Your Blog Content

In the world of blogging, content is critical.  It has to be engaging and meaningful if you plan to find new readers and keep them coming back for more.

Today I came across an amazing article about ways you can enhance your blog's content.  Social Media Examiner's 26 Ways to Enhance Your Blog Content provides amazing tips and tricks that range from creating attention grabbing content, to incorporating video to connect with your target audience.

Which tips from the article do you plan to incorporate into your new blog?

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that link. I'm not new to blogging, but I did not know about the FTC Blogger Regulation that is mentioned in Social Media Examiner's list, "26 Ways to Enhance Your Blog Content." While I've never actually broken this rule, it is good to be aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great link! The point I found most interesting, was "#14: Numbers In Titles." I had never really thought about it before, but I'd agree that they can help grab your attention. All in all, it was a pretty interesting post. I'm definitely going to make a point of checking out some more of the posts on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings all,

    Up until this point my own blog has been quite casual and something of an afterthought in my life. However I am getting more and more inspired to turn it into something with more focus and force behind it.

    I found the linked out article, "26 Ways to Enhance Your Blog Content", to be highly informative, insightful and relevant!

    I've found in my professional experience as a web developer that Point #1 is incredibly useful in building up steam as a blogger. Creating a strong network of content and giving credit where credit is due not only enhances the relevance of a blog, but also builds a strong culture of respect, admiration and exchange. Definitely good stuff.

    I also enjoyed all the tips on editing and formatting (5,8,11,14,18,19,20), and intend to follow them, overhauling my own blog into a more distinct, user friendly and appealing environment.

    That said, I will likely move down the entire list one by one, honing, polishing and refining my blog until it is something I am truly proud of.

    Like Patrick H., I will also definitely spend some more time exploring the Social Media Examiner site.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this post to be very helpful, since I am new to the blogging world. I now can see the big picture. Blogs should be exciting as well as informative. People should logoff feeling like they increased their knowledge when the read a blog. I am going to do as Gopal Metro states, and incorporate each of the "26 Ways to Enhance Your Blog Content".

    The first thing I will do is incorporate video. Visual media is much more attractive to people in our society today.

    Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was very useful about tips on enhancing your blogs. After taking a look at the 26 tips, i will keep in mind to use frequency, keywords and grabbing attention. These three things will improve my blogs also have readers come back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post about enhancing your blog, it was very useful. Some of the tips that i wil consider using for my blog are keywords, grabbing attention and last not least frequency. Using these tips will improve my blog and have readers coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were all great tips for enhancing my blog. A few were obvious and I had already done them, while others were more helpful as I had not thought of them, such as the keywords, and using numbers in titles. The most challenging part for me, which is also probably the most important, would be keeping up with a set schedule (frequency) as my schedule is quite busy. I also worry about keeping engaging content, but I'm going to try.
    Ture' Mackall

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found great tips on this post. I like the idea of embedding youtube videos to your blog. It provides the reader with something to get entertained by. It will also give you an opportunity to find that audience that would rather watch then read a skill or instructions on how to knit a scarf?
    Well who knows what is interesting for you, but I do know that images sometimes are well worth more than words.

    I will definitively keep coming back to this blog to read about what other great tips I can use to implement on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed viewing that list. Notably, I believe that grabbing the audience's attention and staying relevent are some of the most important attributes of a good blogger. As the article said, you must stay in the know and become a need to your viewers. I am not really much of a blogger, because I feel as though it is a dying market and I do not feel the need to have one. I do however acknowledge that there are some very extreme bloggers who regularly keep there blog up to date. I applaud these bloggers, for they have become an attention grabber and have stayed relevant with the changing times. I too am trying to do this. In this past I have not kept a consistent blog, but now I think I may.

    Here is my blog:
    http://hiresylvia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog post is extremely true. Content is everything when it comes to blogging. Your post are what the content is within them.

    I incorporated videos in my blogs to give consumers a visual to the info i blog about.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found that this blog was extremely useful. It gave details on how to increase your blogs content and entertainment factor. It gave tips like; Key words, videos and other ways to grab attention and direct towards your blog! Really Helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For someone who does not blog often, this article was easy to understand. I was always under the impression that a blog was a sort of "Myspace" where you could store pictures and what not. After taking marketing and forming my own blog I understand it's nature. Someone who blogs must have the time and information to set aside and write about it. Of course, when it is something you are passionate about, the writing flows a lot better. When I first started my blog, I was not sure the topic I was going to lean towards. A day later, I had a great concept and the paper practically wrote itself. I'm thinking that I will continue my blog after class is over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After reading all the tips, all of them was great. But, because I'm not a huge blogger, one of the tips I would incorporate into my blog is getting the attention of the audience. I feel that would be the first step with blogging, Making sure everyone knows and understands the meaning of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such an informative post Heather. I am new to blogging and the tips you have listed here will help me to ensure my blog (and the book it features) will have optimum visability.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was really helpful while I was creating my blog. Before last month I had no idea how to blog or even what a blog was. Adding pictures and videos really helps connect with others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your insight, and the link. I felt the content of the link you posted was very educational when it comes to beginner blog makers. Like how it stated that we should always give credit where credit is due, because i feel that is important, if your going to use content form someone else at least give them some shine for it. Another thing i found that would be very useful is the printing out of your blogs to check for errors on your free time, its always good to double, and triple check your work. All in all i feel like this was a very useful post in the world of blogging and appreciate it !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great link! I have never really thought of blogs as a marketing tool. I always viewed them as just a fun way for people to express their opinions. With this article, it shows quite a few, 26 to be exact, ways to keep blogs fresh and relevant while also being able to successfully market yourself. I am fairly new to the blogging scene and these tips I think are extremely helpful when posting to my blog and what I need to focus on when it comes to looking appealing to potential employers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a great blog. I have recently created a blog that will be targeted to musicians of all types. Though I doubt that I'll be stunted when it comes to content to blog about, I want to provide an interesting blog. This link was helped me to consider my blog as a whole; not just the content, but the presentation as well. I hope to use these tips to keep my blog relevant and make it one that people subscribe to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found this blog actually when I was trying to do as much research as I could about blogs. Tell you the truth I don't even know of a time I ever looked at a blog. So By doing this research it really opened my eyes to how important blogs are becoming. People love the regular mans opinion. They feel that its more trustworthy, then a guy thats getting paid to talk about something. I loved are the tips. This article was very useful when I was putting my blog together. The tips I want to continue using would be how my voice sounds in my writings and commenting on other related blogs. I hope others find this article as useful as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for posting these tips from this sight. I think this could potentially come in handy in my future classes or future in general. Blogging can be easy to some by hard to others that get stuck. My blog is on something I love but I defiantly need advice on how to ENHANCE it so everyone else could feel the love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've found this post to be very helpful because I am new to the blog scene. I often have writers block and struggle with posting information that will be useful for my audience. My favorite tips are #3 Comments and #7 Grabbing Attention because I strive to stand out with my writing and topics so that my audience will leave comments and continue to support my blog. Thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad I found this post. It was extremely helpful.I plan to make sure I proofread and make my blog mobile friendly. I also plan to use links when necessary. Thank you for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A post like this is exactly what I have been looking for to enhance a blog that I have been thinking about starting for quite some time now. The tips given on the link that you posted was very informational for me. I definitely will be looking into #24 sometime in the near future. I think that will take my blog and the ideas I have planned for it to a high level of interest. Another number that caught my eye was #7. I have been struggling with figuring out what would be most appealing still sticking to my vision of what I want for my blog. Thanks again for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!
    The link you've provided has helped me a lot and has brought more insight into my thoughts of blogging. I am new to the world of blogging and my interest is growing daily. From providing links on blogs to posting videos, I had no idea that there's so much creativity and genuine thought put into them. Making sure we give credit to material used in blogs is definitely a good reminder. It gives me goosebumps knowing that I can let my voice be heard throughout the world through blogs. I will cherish this information and use it in my efforts to better give credit where it's due and to also stay true to myself and my opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was a great post. The tips in this article are very useful, especially for people like me who are trying to make their blog a household name. I really love that they tried to educate us on how to grab an audience attention. It is very hard today to keep a loyal audience to your blog and in this article they really did a great job showing us that point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was a fantastic article to read. One of the most valuable things that I took away from this article was the fact that having a consistent schedule (no matter the frequency) is essential to creating a sought after and reliable blog. This is one of the things that I struggle with, and it was really drove home the point that this element to blogging is crucial. In addition, I loved them talking about comments, but I would have liked to see how they recommended driving comments on your site. Often time, I will have an incredible number of views, but no comments. I would have liked to see suggestions about how to drive people to want to comment through marketing.

    ReplyDelete