As social media use continues to grow, consumers are turning to networking means to get their information and share ideas, stories, and thoughts with friends, fans, and followers. Each of us, at one time or another, have "liked" a news article, story, video, or picture, shared it with our Facebook friends, or Tweeted it to our followers. But with the personalization of social networking sites, consumers are also looking to personalize the way they get their information. It's become a great way to create news stories and share insight on information that is buzzworthy.
Blogging makes a perfect fit for this concept. Creating a blog that you contribute to will not only build your personal resume, but will help brand you as an expert. Share your blogs online with your Facebook friends. Post a link to your newest entry to Facebook or Twitter and watch it's popularity grow. Turn friends into fans and fans into followers.
Check out this article about how blogging and social networking have worked hand in hand to change the way we look acquire news, information, and updates.
Happy Blogging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Personally, I get my local and world news through igoogle. It allows you to customize the experience and get the news, events and other information the way you like it. I only use blogs for further information not for the actual stories and reporting. In a world that has tens of thousands of blogs being published everyday, it’s hard to find reputation and truth. It’s great to say, “start a blog,” but not everyone should be indulging in that advise. I like reading fact not fiction, and many times blogs offer just that, an uneducated or bias opinion. Everyone wants to be an individual, trying to break from the restraints of science, desperately trying to be noticed. A blog certainly doesn’t certify that need for all. Hell, most people can’t even write with correct grammar! Just as blogs can do well for personal gain, they can also produce bad promotion if one is not careful.
ReplyDeleteI would agree though, social media and networking have changed communication inevitably, and I would say for the better. I guess that means I’ll just be weeding through more personal blogs that offer little interest and information. Good post!
Torrey Williams
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you said that people post thing that they like on facebook and twitter. As i was doing this assignment, i found a video that hit dead on nail on what my blog post was about.
I also think blogs do have a meaning in some way, rather its corny and dumb, it will get respond if its worthy of it.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I agree with you. Blogging today can be done by just about anyone with internet access. Whether you are sharing a review on a movie you just saw or sharing recipes, your blog could be seen by millions of people worldwide, depending on topics, privacy settings, etc. Social networks have become very popular and are a great way to easily share your opinion with friends, family, and coworkers.
ReplyDeleteI am fan of Google for information also, if anyone has a question, and I don't know the answer, I simply reply "Google it". Blogs, articles and webpages are all great ways to get information on any topic you like. Not every source is factual, so be alert of the writer and their credibility as well.
ReplyDeleteI think that social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogger etc. are great ways to create a platform for yourself. They are also great ways to get information on different businesses and interests. I thinks blogging is great because everyone can express themselves as an individual and they can talk about their interests and goals. It is also a great way to market a product and gain insight on that certain product. If you have enough followers it's a great way to do a post asking for opinions on a certain subject, or problem and gain everyone's feedback. I like to use blogging and social networks to meet new people and gain insight on music and concerts as well as things I'm planning on doing. I enjoyed reading this post!
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion the proof of the value in blogging is reflected right here within this blog. As a few people have agree to looking to several social networking sites for information i do as well. As i read through the previous post on the blog list there to the left, i was made aware that Grammy winning gospel singer Albertina Walker of the Gospel group The Caravans past a few days ago. Believe it or not this information has not hit the news here in Atlanta, Ga. In my opinion interacting within social networks, the media, and blogging is a wiser choice of information versus confiding one hundred percent in the News and for someone to tell you verbally. Social Networking and the Entertainment Industry has become partners, best-friends if you will. To me it only makes more sense for a entertainment major to look to twitter, facebook, myspace, blogger, and the thousands of other sources of social networking for most needed information. Great Blog! What would the world do without Facebook and Google!
ReplyDeleteI agree that blogging is the best way to get your voice and ideas heard. Social networks such as Twitter and Facebook have been known to share information that you are interested in to your friends. Blogging helps everyone get a chance to share his or her own personal view on life. They also have a higher chance of getting the feedback on the topic they are blogging about. I enjoyed reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed reading the article on social networking. It provided good and quality information concerning social networking sites that keep the public informed. Even though I am not a fan of blogging, through research, I have learned how valuable and successful blogging has become and the impact it has. Good article.
ReplyDeleteThere's no doubt that as online social media grows, the ability to personalize the way we retrieve our information grows with it. There seems to be no end in sight! I can only wonder what will come after facebook / twitter?
ReplyDeleteI will have to agree with everyone here, today streams of information found on the web are endless. Blogs contribute a lot, because they provide a more personal touch to a discussed topic. Also, I believe blogging it's a great tool to get your ideas out in the open, one might never know how many think the way one does, thus creating followers. Very insightful article!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I too get the majority of my news off of social networking sites such as FaceBook. Ive never really been one to watch tv or read news papers. So any news or information I get is usually shared by my friends. I know I have personally shared links to news articles on my FaceBook page. I also use these networking sites to keep up with daily changes in friends and families lives. I often site back and wonder how I kept in touch with all these people years ago.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I'm really excited to get going with this blog, I've been meaning to do it for awhile and now I'm finally getting it going. I'm excited to get things out there and see what happenes.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome tool we have here. Blogging is another way to get out there, meet people and do pretty much whatever you need to. I have never blogged before this class but I am sure that I am now hooked and hope to use it as a tool to promote the band I currently manage, Aside Oceans.
ReplyDeleteSocial media is becoming such a huge trend and so many new websites and networks are being created. After Myspace died down, Facebook and Twitter took the lead for the most popular networking sites out there.
ReplyDeleteNow, Blogger and Tumblr are becoming popular blogging sites.
The past couple of months I have certainly started to see more and more blogs popping up and I think they are a great idea. I think blogs are great for bands that are on tour and want to share pictures and stories of where they were that day, businesses that have new products and consumers that want to write reviews and give feedback on products. There are so many possibilities with blogs and I think that is why they are becoming so popular.
I agree that social media and related things like blogging are very effective tools when it comes to reaching an audience. They have completely changed the world of marketing and how we share our information even in the last five years. The true impact of sites like Twitter didn't really sink in for me until my 93 year old grandmother asked "What's Twitter? Should I be Twittering?" after seeing it referenced on a news station. I think it's the ease of finding this information, and ability to read someone's honest opinion (who you probably trust) that makes it such an impact in our world today.
ReplyDelete