The term blog or blogging is synonymous with many things - opinions, journalism, online diary, and so forth. However, money may not be one of the first things you think of when you think of blogging. Maybe it should be though...did you know the average well-known blogger brings home between $75K - $100K a month in revenue from advertising dollars and affiliate sales? What's interesting is that these individuals started blogs based on something they were passionate about and interested in. Most of them did not start their blogs with revenue in mind....they started writing because they were interested in technology, celebrity gossip, or something of the like. What they did, though, was focus on a core audience of people who would be interested in what they had to say. They all started with the "field of dreams" motto in mind - I they build it, we will come. And come we did!
Check out the attached link about the 10 Most Profitable Bloggers. This article takes an interesting look at how each of these bloggers became a success and how they've made their money. Happy Blogging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really agree with this. There people out there who became a promoter, Webmaster and even marketing director of artists. They started blogging just to share information with other fans of artists. But as you may already know, posts from popular blog are really affecting readers. They proved that bloggers can become a success and make money!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about it!
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with this! I think blogging is such an amazing idea and for it to start off, for most, as just a hobby to write what you think is important for others to hear and then make it into something much larger is incredible. I actually just wrote a discussion board about Perez Hilton's blog and how he simply started from noting and now his blog is viewed, respected and feared from almost everyone in Hollywood. He even made the list you posted of Top Ten Most Profitable Bloggers. This just goes to show that if you really want to get your view across you can do it and also make a ridiculous amount of money doing it and even in some cases like Perez Hilton, become a Hollywood celebrity.
ReplyDeleteI did not know they made that create that much revenue! I thought it would be more of either an entertainment blog which the blogger didn't make any money or it was a marketing blog which only generated more business for the product(s) or service(s) the blogger is supporting. It doesn't seem like there would be any startup costs to begin a blog and if you have a excellent network, maybe someone could realistically make a career out of it.
ReplyDeleteI always wondered how bloggers managed to make money. To see how much they bring in each month just from advertising banners placed on their site is unbelievable. But I will say that I have clicked on a few banners on perez hilton's blog. it's crazy to think that people are making a living just by posting their thoughts on various topics.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this blog 100 percent! Blogging is an opportunity to express your views but also can be a chance to make some extra cash. It is amazing that you can make so much off of just speaking about how you feel.
ReplyDeleteI did always wonder how some of the blogger's I have heard of make the kind of money they do. I love the fact that some people can make money for just giving their opinion about something the love.
ReplyDeleteI would never have imagined that sitting at home in your PJ's ranting about something could make so much money. I wish I would have done blogging years ago. I could have been living the dream by now. Oh, well I guess it is never too late to start.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this post entirely. I think that many people get started good with a business with promoting it through blogs. I think that it is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteUsing my opinions to generate money, sounds like a great job to me. It was amazing to see the amount of money that can be made by blogging. I didn't know you could generate so much money by utilizing advertising banners on a blog. This post is insightful. Thank you for the information!
ReplyDeleteI created my Blog for a school assignment in my History of Sports Media Class. I did not know much about Blogs. After I began posting, and designing my Blog I was quickly hooked. I actually enjoy, and take pride in it. I began Marketing my Blog to family and friends asking everyone I know to spread the word. I also use social media to Market my Blog page. I constantly Tweet my Url, and I post it on Facebook a few times a week. I try to keep my Blog updated, although it is not easy to do. I never really thought of getting paid to post in my Blog, but it would be great to receive monetary compensation for it. Receiving a wage to do something you love to do is always a blessing. http://daveberrios.wordpress.com/
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing to me how much money these people make. It's also surprising how broad of a target demographic they needed in order to become successful. I mean, "people who like celebrity dirt" and "people who like new shiny gizmos" aren't very narrow foci. Maybe that's the secret to a successful blog: write about what you love, but also what everyone else loves too.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first read that the average well-known blogger makes between 75k and 100k I was baffled. Some of those average well-known bloggers could have been "forced" to start their blog for a school assignment (much like most of us have) and others could have just genuinely wanted to express their opinion on a platform they felt comfortable doing so on. Either way, the fact that blogging can be a source of mainstay revenue is both ridiculous and exciting to hear. After reading this, I have made a point to continue my blog; you know, just in case people like what I have to say.
ReplyDelete